Foreign citizens are enrolled in accordance with Ukraine’s international agreements, as well as inter-state programs, contracts signed with juridical and other entities, as well as by direct applications of the foreign citizens.
Applicants must have basic general secondary education. Foreign citizens who studied in higher educational institutions abroad are enrolled at PSTU on submission of the certificates of the educational and qualification level they have obtained (based on evaluation of their documents). Those foreign citizens who hold university degrees and have demonstrated willingness and aptitude for research and scientific work may join the postgraduate and doctorate programs offered by the University.
Requirement for enrollees
The university enrolls foreign citizens, having legal right to stay in Ukraine and possess an invitation for education (such invitations are issued at the Dean’s office) and also have
- complete secondary education for training at preparatory courses and Bachelor’s degree in condition of their fluent knowledge of Ukrainian (Russian);
- basic higher education (on the basis of Bachelor’s diploma in case of equivalence of educational documents) for further obtaining the Specialist’s or Master’s degree.
A foreigner has to submit the following documents for enrolling:
- An invitation;
- Application paper-questionnaire;
- The original and a copy of the certificate of previous education;
- The original and a copy of the document (supplementary to the education certificate), containing information, regarding his/her progress in courses;
- Academic reference paper, issued by foreign/Ukrainian educational institution (in case of his/her transfer from another institution, or he/she resumes studying, beginning from the second year of studying);
- The original and a copy of the document, containing the information regarding the curriculum for his/her previous degree, the amount of credits received, duration of tuition and progress in subjects taught, gained for his/her previous degree for entering Master’s course or for post-diploma education;
- A copy of foreigner’s passport, or a document , verifying the identity of a person, who has no citizenship;
- A valid insurance policy (except persons, arrived from countries with which agreements on free urgent medical aid were concluded);
- 12 photographs 3.5 х 4.5mm in size (not glossy).
Foreign citizens, entering the post-graduate course have to submit an assay on his/her chosen speciality or a list of published scientific works and inventions, having official verification at applicants’ residence place.
The documents listed in items 2- 6 of this part have to be translated into Ukrainian, the translation is to be verified by a notary.
The documents are to be verified in the country of their issue in a manner, officially practiced for such verification and legalized in this country by a corresponding diplomatic office of Ukraine, unless otherwise specified by international agreements of Ukraine.
Traineeship and Internship
Foreign citizens have an opportunity to apply for traineeship and / or internship within the professional areas where education is provided at PSTU. The duration and the costs involved are defined individually for each applicant and in compliance with the current laws and regulations